This policy was last modified on July 03, 2020.
1. Collection of Data
We collect personal information from you (such as your name, phone number, and email address) only if you voluntarily provide it to us (such as when you submit a request).
When you access and use the Site, our technology and tools may automatically collect and record certain data (which does not identify you as an individual) about your use of the Site (your IP address, browser type, the make and model of device used to view the Site, unique device identifiers, the referring web page, pages visited, search terms, and other information relating to your use of the Site, browser or device).
We also use various tracking technologies (such as cookies, clear GIFs, and/or pixel tags) to collect data about your use of and access to the Site. Cookies are small bits of information that may be placed on your computer by websites you visit, applications you use, or advertisements you view. Cookies alone tell us nothing about who you are. Pixel tags generate a generic notice of a visit to the Site. Pixel tags are used in conjunction with cookies to anonymously track the activity on the Site by a particular browser on a particular site.
Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. We do not currently respond to those signals or similar mechanism transmitted by web browsers. To learn more about browser tracking signals and DNT, please visit http://allaboutdnt.org.
2. Use of Collected Data
We collect and use the types of data described above to assist in the administration and operation of the Site and to provide you an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. We may use the data to:
- Fulfill our obligations with respect to the reason you volunteered the data (e.g., to respond to an inquiry, etc.);
- Allow you to participate in certain features of the Site;
- Improve the Site or our products, events, and services;
- Optimize your experience on the Site (e.g., troubleshooting technical programs, storing your preferences, etc.);
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from arrangements between you and us; and
- For any other purpose with your consent or as permitted by law.
Additionally, we may use the data for marketing purposes to:
3. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
- Provide you with additional information regarding products and services from Thermoambient Energy Project, its affiliated companies, or from others that may be of interest to you via email, text message, or through advertising on various social media platforms or websites (both desktop and mobile) that you may visit; and
- Develop, improve, and target our promotional messaging to you and others via retargeting, online behavioral advertising, and use of social media platform tools for advertising (such as creation of Facebook Lookalike Audiences and Google Ads).
To the extent you provide us with personal data, we are processing your personal data under the following lawful basis:
4. Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Embedded Content
- Processing necessary for compliance with legal obligations.
You can see a list of types of cookies used by Google Ads
5. How We Share Data
6. Your Rights under the GDPR
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share your data collected on this Site with our subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
- Service Providers. We may provide collected data to our service providers. They may use your data to perform services for us and may have access to, store and process your personal data to provide services on our behalf.
- Sponsors or Event Partners. In the instance of ticketed events, we may share your collected data (including personal data) with sponsors or event partners.
- Business Transfer. In the event that Thermoambient Energy Project undergoes a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of its assets, your data will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
If you are accessing the Site from the European Economic Area, which includes the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway, you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
7. Opting-Out of Data Use or Withdrawing Consent
- Right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- Right to access your personal data
- Right to have any inaccurate personal data corrected
- Right to have your personal data erased
- Right to restrict use of your personal data
- Right to personal data portability
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data
You may remove certain tracking technologies and opt-out of online behavioral advertising messaging by using the opt-out tools available from the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA Opt-Out Tool
) and the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI Opt-Out Tools
). Please note that these opt-out tools are device and browser specific, so you must repeat the opt-out from each of your browsers and devices.
You may also adjust your advertising preferences on various social media websites by adjusting your settings on the platform (for example, you may adjust the types of Facebook ads you receive HERE
8. Protection and Retention of Data
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk and to safeguard your data in our possession. However, no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure and no security mechanism is impenetrable. Therefore, although we take steps to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data that we collect from you or the security of our servers or the Site. By accessing the Site, any transmission of data is at your own risk and you agree to assume all risk in connection with data sent to us or collected by us.
9. Children and Parents
We respect children’s privacy. We do not target or knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. By using the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Site. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please email us at privacyenergiatermoambiente.com.br.